Many thanks to Charlie and Nicholas for sharing their wisdom and for facilitating the discussion this evening. For those that came it proved to be an informative and wide-ranging discussion on a huge range of topics and well worth attending.
Topics covered included;
- monitor calibration, print set up and paper profiles
- lenses – type, use and second-hand options
- filters – type and use
- Tripods, care and maintenance, head options
- grey cards and white balance
- full frame vs. crop sensor
- Gimp (open-source photo-editing software)
- sensor cleaning and camera body care
- photography apps
There will be a second Q&A session on Wednesday, 17th February which will have a more computer/photo editing focus but all questions are welcome.